Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Delicate Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan - Review



Delicate Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan - Montgomery Ink bk #1
Contemporary Romance - Erotic
Fated Desires Publishing
Release Date 10/14/2014

5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

On the wrong side of thirty, Austin Montgomery is ready to settle down. Unfortunately, his inked sleeves and scruffy beard isn’t the suave business appearance some women crave. Only finding a woman who can deal with his job, as a tattoo artist and owner of Montgomery Ink, his seven meddling siblings, and his own gruff attitude won’t be easy.

Finding a man is the last thing on Sierra Elder’s mind. A recent transplant to Denver, her focus is on opening her own boutique. Wanting to cover up scars that run deeper than her flesh, she finds in Austin a man that truly gets to her—in more ways than one.

Although wary, they embark on a slow, tempestuous burn of a relationship. When blasts from both their pasts intrude on their present, however, it will take more than a promise of what could be to keep them together.


My Review ~

This is the first full length book in the Montgomery Ink series that started with Ink Inspired and Ink Reunited. I'll tell you this is one of the HOTTEST books that Carrie Ann Ryan has written. Austin and Sierra don't just singe the pages with their sexual tension, they will burn the house on down! 

Having enjoyed the previous short stories in the series, I wasn't sure what all to expect in a full length book. I was not disappointed in any way by either the characters, or the storyline. This series is so far much hotter over all then Carrie Ann's other series. Which actually adds to the storyline because it allows the characters to be a bit dirty, and raunchy, and over the top sexy. It also pulls a little bit more inner darkness into the storyline. 

Austin and Sierra aren't perfect, which we've seen in other books from the other series by Carrie Ann. However what the characters in this book go through pulls you in and makes you feel their emotions. Too, this series has one of my favorite things..tattoo artists and folks that love getting ink. Everything in this book just worked for me to the point where I did something I rarely do. The moment I finished reading the book, I messaged the author and gushed like a squeaky fangirl. I told her I literally could not put this book down until I'd finished it. And that it was going up as one of my top ten reads for the year. Which it is.

I highly recommend this book for those of you that love your men inked, dirty, and that know what they want from their women. Also if you love a heroine that has been able to come through horrific circumstances with her inner strength intact. This IS the book for you... so go grab it!

No comments:

Post a Comment